40 Years. 40 Stories.
Experience Star Wars: A New Hope from a whole new point of view.
On May 25, 1977, the world was introduced to Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader, and a galaxy full of possibilities. In honor of the fortieth anniversary, more than forty contributors lend their vision to this retelling of Star Wars. Each of the forty short stories reimagines a moment from the original film, but through the eyes of a supporting character. From a Certain Point of View features contributions by bestselling authors, trendsetting artists, and treasured voices from the literary history of Star Wars
- Gary Whitta bridges the gap from Rogue One to A New Hope through the eyes of Captain Antilles.
- Aunt Beru finds her voice in an intimate character study by Meg Cabot.
- Nnedi Okorofor brings dignity and depth to a most unlikely character: the monster in the trash compactor.
- Pablo Hidalgo provides a chilling glimpse inside the mind of Grand Moff Tarkin.
- Pierce Brown chronicles Biggs Darklighter's final flight during the Rebellion's harrowing attack on the Death Star.
- Wil Wheaton spins a poignant tale of the rebels left behind on Yavin.
Plus thirty-four more hilarious, heartbreaking, and astonishing tales from:
Ben Acker - Renee Ahdieh - Tom Angleberger - Ben Blacker - Jeffrey Brown - Rae Carson - Adam Christopher - Zoraida Cordova - Delilah S. Dawson - Kelly Sue DeConnick - Paul Dini - Ian Doescher - Ashley Eckstein - Matt Fraction - Alexander Freed - Jason Fry - Kieron Gillen - Christie Golden - Claudia Gray - E. K. Johnston - Paul S. Kemp - Mur Lafferty - Ken Liu - Griffin McElroy - John Jackson Miller - Daniel Jose Older - Mallory Ortberg - Beth Revis - Madeleine Roux - Greg Rucka - Gary D. Schmidt - Cavan Scott - Charles Soule - Sabaa Tahir - Elizabeth Wein - Glen Weldon - Chuck Wendig